All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.45
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.63
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $49.77Trending at AU $51.97
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.72
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.64
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $96.58
About this product
- DescriptionWhat are the key debates in English teaching today? Debates in English Teaching explores the major issues all English teachers encounter in their daily professional lives. It engages with established and contemporary debates, promotes and supports critical reflection and aims to stimulate both vice and experienced teachers to reach informed judgements and argue their point of view with deeper theoretical kwledge and understanding. Key issues debated include: * the professional identity of English teachers * attitudes to correctness in grammar and standard English * the importance of the media and new techlogies * social class and literacy * the nature of the dialogic classroom * the role of wider reading * the politics of early literacy. With its combination of expert opinion and fresh insight, Debates in English Teaching is the ideal companion for all student and practising teachers engaged in initial training, continuing professional development and master's level study.
- Author BiographyJon Davison has been Professor of Teacher Education in four universities including the Institute of Education, University of London, UK, where he was also Dean. Caroline Daly is a Senior Lecturer in Education at the Institute of Education, University of London, UK. John Moss is Dean of Education at Canterbury Christ Church University, UK.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication13/12/2010
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleThe Debates in Subject Teaching Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note13 black & white tables, 3 black & white halftones, 5 black & white line drawings
- Weight370 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byCaroline Daly,John Moss,Jon Davison
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.