All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.83Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.11
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $84.79
- AU $61.22Trending at AU $69.47
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.12
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $24.54
- AU $37.91Trending at AU $41.12
About this product
- DescriptionA recent survey stated that 52% of embedded projects are late by 4-5 months. This book can help get those projects in on-time with design patterns. The author carefully takes into account the special concerns found in designing and developing embedded applications specifically concurrency, communication, speed, and memory usage. Patterns are given in UML (Unified Modeling Language) with examples including ANSI C for direct and practical application to C code. A basic C kwledge is a prerequisite for the book while UML tation and termilogy is included. General C programming books do t include discussion of the contraints found within embedded system design. The practical examples give the reader an understanding of the use of UML and OO (Object Oriented) designs in a resource-limited environment. Also included are two chapters on state machines. The beauty of this book is that it can help you today. .
- Author BiographyEmbedded Software Methodologist. Triathlete. Systems engineer. Contributor to UML and SysML specifications. Writer. Black Belt. Neuroscientist. Classical guitarist. High school dropout. Bruce Powel Douglass, who has a doctorate in neurocybernetics from the USD Medical School, has over 35 years of experience developing safety-critical real-time applications in a variety of hard real-time environments. He is the author of over 5700 book pages from a number of technical books including Real-Time UML, Real-Time UML Workshop for Embedded Systems, Real-Time Design Patterns, Doing Hard Time, Real-Time Agility, and Design Patterns for Embedded Systems in C. He is the Chief Evangelist at IBM Rational, where he is a thought leader in the systems space and consulting with and mentors IBM customers all over the world. He can be followed on Twitter @BruceDouglass. Papers and presentations are available at his Real-Time UML Yahoo technical group (http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/RT-UML) and from his IBM thought leader page (www-01.ibm.com/software/rational/leadership/thought/brucedouglass.html).
- Author(s)Bruce Powel Douglass
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication03/11/2010
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNewnes (an imprint of Butterworth-Heinemann Ltd )
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight780 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.