Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionIn these testimonies, a distinguished group of 27 pioneering women from 12 countries tell their own stories, revealing the moments when they realised that they could challenge the received wisdom of the day, and the struggles involved in turning their ideas into actions. These varied accounts come from women involved in creating the four major UN conferences on women held from 1975 to 1995, women scholars, women in institutions that provide development funds, and women in development agencies.
- Author BiographyARVONNE S. FRASER has been Coordinator of the Office of Women in Development at the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), U.S. representative to the UN Commission on the Status of Women, and a member of the U.S. delegations to the first two UN World Conferences on Women 1993 UN World Conference on Human Rights. She is currently senior fellow emerita of the Hubert H. Humphrey Institute of Public Affairs, University of Minnesota, where she organized and directed the International Women's Rights Action Watch (IWRAW) and co-founded the Institute's Center on Women and Public Policy. IRENE TINKER has served on the faculties of Howard University, Federal City College, American University, and the University of California/Berkeley. She has conducted research in fifty-four countries and lectured in thirty-six. Tinker was director of the office of International Science at the American Association for the Advancement of Science, where Margaret Mead taught her about lobbying the UN, and she co-founded the Wellesley Center for Research on Women and founded the International Center for Research on Women and the Equity Policy Center.
- PublisherFeminist Press at The City University of New York
- Date of Publication01/11/2004
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFeminist Press at The City University of New York
- Weight808 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edited byArvonne S. Fraser,Irene Tinker
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.