All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $26.06Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $37.10Trending at AU $43.40
- AU $29.30Trending at AU $31.81
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.39
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.01
About this product
- Description'Development and Semi-periphery' presents a collection of articles that focus on comparative analysis of development trajectories in the semi-peripheral countries of South America and Central Eastern Europe. As opposed to the transitology studies that were prevalent in the 1990s, and that treated the neoliberal context in these two regions separately, the articles in this book instead offer a new comparative analysis focusing on the consequences of neoliberal reforms and the new actors that deal with their results. The essays discuss the various forms of state that have unfolded in different peripheral countries, their role in the social engineering of ecomic models and social policies, and the impact of state capacities and ideas on institutional invation. The volume also compares transformations in political culture, collective identities and contentious politics in both areas.
- Author BiographyRenato Boschi holds a PhD in political science from the University of Michigan, and is currently Full Professor in Political Science at the Institute of Social and Political Studies, IESP-UERJ. Carlos Henrique Santana holds a PhD in political science from the Institute of Social and Political Studies, IESP-UERJ, was formerly Assistant Professor in Political Science at the Federal University of Rio de Janeiro (UFRJ), and is currently a researcher at the International Celso Furtado Center for Development Policies and at the NEIC-IESP.
- PublisherAnthem Press
- Date of Publication01/11/2013
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleAnthem Other Canon Economics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAnthem Press
- Content Note38+ figures and tables
- Weight454 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byCarlos Henrique Santana,Renato Boschi
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.