All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionChildren and adolescents with emotional and behavioural problems who are referred to mental health services for assessment often have undiagsed mild learning disabilities, and this guide is written for clinicians involved in making such assessments. It provides full guidance on common developmental disorders and their assessment, focusing on mild to moderate disabilities in the school-aged child. It covers intellectual disabilities, dyslexia, dyscalculia (mathematical disability), autism spectrum disorders, speech and language impairment, developmental coordination disorder, and emotional and personality development. Each chapter includes an account of rmal development, including developmental milestones, an overview of the disorder, and its clinical assessment. This important professional guide will be invaluable for all child health and mental health professionals and trainees, including paediatricians, psychiatrists, mental health workers, clinical psychologists and educational psychologists.
- Author BiographyM. S. Thambirajah is Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist at Dudley and Walsall Mental Health Partnership Trust. He has over 20 years' experience in the field, and is author of Understanding School Refusal, published by Jessica Kingsley Publishers.
- Author(s)M. S. Thambirajah
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication15/07/2011
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Note58 tables, 22 figures
- Weight489 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.