Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
- AU $36.89Trending at AU $46.18
About this product
- DescriptionEmploying historical and contemporary data and case studies, the authors also examine tonsillectomy, cancer, heart disease, anxiety, and depression, and identify differences between rhetoric and reality and the weaknesses in diagsis and treatment.
- Author BiographyGERALD N. GROB is the Henry E. Sigerist Professor of the History of Medicine Emeritus in the Institute for Health, Health Care Policy, and Aging Research at Rutgers University. He has written extensively, including The Dilemma of Federal Mental Health Policy: Radical Reform or Incremental Change? (Rutgers University Press). ALLAN V. HORWITZ is a professor of sociology and dean for social and behavioral sciences at Rutgers University and the coauthor of The Loss of Sadness: How Psychiatry Transformed Ordinary Misery into Depressive Disorder.
- Author(s)Allan V. Horwitz,Gerald N. Grob
- PublisherRutgers University Press
- Date of Publication15/12/2009
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Series TitleCritical Issues in Health and Medicine Series
- Place of PublicationNew Brunswick, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRutgers University Press
- Weight513 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Series Edited byRima D. Apple,Janet Golden
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.