All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne of Rolling Stone's Best Music Books of 2015 From Geto Boys legend and rewned storyteller Scarface, comes a passionate memoir about how hip-hop changed the life of a kid from the south side of Houston, and how he rose to the top-and ushered in a new generation of rap dominance. Scarface is the celebrated rapper whose hits include On My Block, Mind Playing Tricks on Me and Damn It Feels Good to be a Gangsta (made famous in the cult film Office Space). The former president of Def Jam South, he's collaborated with everyone from Kanye West, Ice Cube and Nas, and had many solo hits such as Guess Who's Back feat. Jay-Z and Smile feat. Tupac. But before that, he was a kid from Houston in love with rock-and-roll, listening to AC/DC and KISS. In Diary of a Madman, Scarface shares how his world changed when he heard Run DMC for the first time; how he dropped out of school in the ninth grade and started selling crack; and how he began rapping as the new form of music made its way out of New York and across the country. It is the account of his rise to the heights of the rap world, as well as his battles with his own demons and depression. Passionately exploring and explaining the roots and influences of rap culture, Diary of a Madman is the story of hip-hop-the music, the business, the streets, and life on the south side Houston, Texas.
- Author BiographyBrad Scarface Jordan has released eleven solo albums and seven albums with gangsta rap pioneers the Geto Boys. He is a producer and record executive, the former president of Def Jam South, and Rap-A-Lot Records, which was one of the most successful independent rap labels of all time. He lives in Houston, Texas. Benjamin Meadows-Ingram has served as the music editor of Billboard and as the executive editor of VIBE. Originally from Memphis, he is an accomplished writer and editor and has written extensively about southern rap.
- Author(s)Benjamin Meadows Ingram,Brad Scarface Jordan
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication21/05/2015
- SubjectAutobiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDey Street Books, an imprint of HarperCollins US
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight400 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.85Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.43Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.