Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.02
About this product
- DescriptionThe intoxicating buzz of the Sixties: fashion, theatre, film, and above all the great pop music, pulsing through the Soho clubs and Chelsea coffee bars. In his DIARY OF A TEDDY BOY, Mim Scala leads us on a hedonistic and richly humorous adventure, following Mim from his humble origins as an ice-cream salesman to gambler, agent, record producer and hippie traveller. Quintessentially of its time and ours, Mim Scala's memoir conveys like few others what it was like to experience, and to propel, the most pivotal decade of the twentieth century.
- Author BiographyBorn to an Italian immigrant family, Mim Scala grew up working in the family's ice cream parlour. He worked in the sixties in theatre, film and music before following the hippie trail to North Africa, to become a leading authority on world music. He now lives in Co. Carlow, Ireland.
- Author(s)Mim Scala
- PublisherHeadline Publishing Group
- Date of Publication01/11/2001
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHeadline Review
- Out-of-print date19/04/2005
- Content Noteportraits
- Width195 mm
- Height128 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback,B-format paperback
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.