All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUntil fairly recently, genetic information was used primarily in the diagsis of relatively rare genetic diseases, such as cystic fibrosis and Huntington's Disease, but a transformation in the use of genetic and gemic information is underway. While many predictions have been made that gemics will transform medicine, to date few of these promising discoveries have resulted in actual applications in medicine and health. The Institute of Medicine's Roundtable on Translating Gemic-Based Research for Health, established in 2007, held its first workshop to address the following questions: 1. Are there different pathways by which new scientific findings move from the research setting into health care? 2. If so, what are the implications of those different pathways for gemics? 3. What can we learn from the translation of other new techlogies as we seek to understand the translation of geme science into health care? Information obtained from the workshop was then used to further discussion and exploration of the answers to these questions. This book summarizes speaker presentations and discussions. Any conclusions reported should t be construed as reflecting a group consensus; rather they are the statements and opinions of presenters and participants.
- Author BiographyLyla M. Hernandez, Rapporteur, Roundtable on Translating Genomic-Based Research for Health
- Author(s)Board on Health Sciences Policy,Institute of Medicine,Roundtable on Translating Genomic-Based Research for Health
- PublisherNational Academies Press
- Date of Publication18/06/2008
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNational Academies Press
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byLyla M. Hernandez
Save on Textbooks
- AU $39.95Trending at AU $54.70
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.63
- AU $18.90Trending at AU $23.23
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.31
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $56.23
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.