Doctor Who: The Shooting Scripts: Shooting Scripts by Russell T. Davies (Hardback, 2005)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $54.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by grey_elk_books_au_and_uk
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $32.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionOn the 26th of March 2005, Doctor Who returned to our screens after an absence of 16 years, with a new Doctor, a new assistant and thirteen thrilling new adventures. This book collects together the entire shooting scripts for the first series. Seven of the scripts are by Russell T Davies, with the remainder by Steven Moffat, Robert Shearman, Paul Cornell and The League of Gentlemen's Mark Gatiss. Each story contains the essential ingredients of time travel, adventure, and the mixing of the ordinary with the fantastical that have always characterized the series, while at the same time being thoroughly in tune with contemporary culture and society. This is a Doctor Who for an age defined by irony, techlogy and celebrity, and the shadow cast by 9/11. It is also cinematic, with fast cutting and special effects that will satisfy viewers brought up on contemporary film and television sci-fi. The shooting scripts give a unique insight into how the first series was visualized and acted. Alongside the exciting action sequences and dialogue are hints about the characters' emotions, and evocations of the settings in which their adventures take place. Pacey, atmospheric and thoroughly absorbing, these scripts practically read like vels. Each of the scripts is illustrated with full-colour screen grabs, ensuring the book appeals to broad audience. Introductions by the writers explain the inspirations for the first series and the fascinating process of creating a Doctor Who script. As the one book that ties directly into the first series, this is a must-have self-purchase or gift for all Doctor Who fans.
- Author BiographyRussell T Davies is one of the UK's foremost writers of television drama, creating groundbreaking shows such as Queer as Folk, Bob & Rose and The Second Coming. He has been the Head Writer and Executive Producer of Doctor Who since it returned to the BBC in 2005 and has written many of the new series' most memorable episodes. He was awarded an OBE in 2008 for services to drama. He divides his time between Cardiff and Manchester.
- Author(s)Russell T. Davies
- PublisherEbury Publishing
- Date of Publication13/10/2005
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitleDoctor Who
- Series Part/Volume Number133
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBBC Books
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Weight1600 g
- Width195 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.