Doing Psychology: An Introduction to Research Methodology and Statistics by Alex Haslam, Craig McGarty (Paperback, 1997)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $94.25+ postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by booktopia_australia
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.90+ AU $11.90 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by marlowes_books
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.04
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.68
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.94
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
About this product
- Description'Doing Psychology ...challenges the reader to become active in the development and understanding of psychological research and to be critical in its application. Academics will find the text would easily complement the structure of an introductory course. Overall this book is written clearly and concisely, adopting a conversational tone, and utilizes a structure that students can easily follow without the techniques and concepts being oversimplified. Doing Psychology is certainly a text well worth considering in introductory courses, or as a refresher text for those who need to revise key techniques. The text would provide students with a good foundation for advanced design and statistics courses' - Australian Psychologist 'Doing Psychology is a sound text with clear and accurate explanations in areas which it covers' - South African Journal of Psychology This textbook provides a clear introduction to the principal research methods and statistical procedures that underpin psychological research. The authors build a carefully integrated understanding of the research process from the ground up, and address the many challenges confronting students of psychology - issues surrounding, among other things, research goals, methodological choices and strategy, multiple approaches to statistical inference and ethical controversies. Using words and diagrams rather than numbers and equations, Doing Psychology offers a highly readable guide to how to design, analyze and evaluate experiments and surveys in psychological research. An Instructor's Manual is available upon request.
- Author BiographyS. Alexander Haslam is a professor in the School of Psychology at the University of Queensland, Australia. In May 2017, Alexander was awarded the British Psychological Society's Presidents' Award. Interview: Alex Haslam on Teams and Trump Craig McGarty is a social psychologist whose main work is on intergroup relations especiallly social identity, collective action, group-based emotions and stereotype formation. He worked for 16 years at ANU where he was Head of the School of Psychology before moving to Murdoch University in 2007 to become Director of the Centre for Social and Community Research and then to become Director for the Social Research Institute. He moved back to Canberra in 2012 but continues to work 100% for Murdoch University.
- Author(s)Alex Haslam,Craig McGarty
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication12/12/1997
- SubjectPsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleSage Foundations of Psychology Series
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight568 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.