Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.27
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
About this product
- DescriptionReflections on the nature of childhood and the obligations of parenthood and guardianship. Various ethical issues regarding the parent/child relationship are discussed. Irvine posits the stewardship model of parenting and examines the implications this model has for the goals of parenthood, for the structure of families, and for people's motivations for having children.
- Author BiographyWilliam B. Irvine has written widely on issues in public policy and applied ethics. It was these research interests, combined with his own experiences as a parent, which led him to write Doing Right by Children. Dr. Irvine is currently associate professor of philosophy at Wright State University, in Dayton, Ohio, where he lives with his wife and their two children.
- Author(s)William Irvine
- PublisherParagon House Publishers
- Date of Publication18/10/2001
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationSaint Paul
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintParagon House Publishers
- Weight658 g
- Width150 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.