All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.23
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.11
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.87
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.29
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.89
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.02
About this product
- DescriptionMichael Booth has had his fill of celebrity chefs and their 'on the table in five minutes' recipes. He wants to learn how to cook properly, so he burns his cookery books and, together with his young family, heads for a new life in Paris - reasoning that, if anyone can be trusted to make food complicated, it's the French. Embarking on the ultimate foodie's fantasy, he enrols at the world's most famous cooking school, Le Cordon Bleu, where wise and battle-scarred French chefs commence their transformation of him into a professional cook. Along the way Booth shares the insider tips and secret techniques of classical cuisine. His odyssey takes him from trauma to triumph, ending in the white-hot heat of the Michelin-starred kitchen of the greatest chef in France.
- Author BiographyMichael Booth is a journalist and food writer who contributes regularly to numerous British and foreign magazines, including Conde Nast Traveller and Monocle, and has written for all of the UK's broadsheet newspapers. He is the author of three works of non-fiction, Just as Well I'm Leaving, Eat Pray Eat and Sushi and Beyond, which won the Guild of Food Writers Kate Whiteman Award for the best book on food and travel in 2010.
- Author(s)Michael Booth
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication02/04/2009
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight237 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.