All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBrings together over 300 all-new cartoons from the WWII era, including over 100 by Dr Seuss, 50 by The New Yorker's Saul Steinberg and works by Al Hirschfeld, Carl Rose and Mischa Richter. The cartoons and commentary cover the five years of the war and are divided into five chapters exploring the years leading up to the war, Hitler and Germany, Hitler's Allies, The Home Front and Germany's defeat.
- Author BiographyIn close to fifty years as an editor, first at Pantheon Books and then as the founding director of The New Press, Andre Schiffrin was responsible for a great many books on World War II, including Stud Terkel's The Good War , Art Spiegelman's Maus, and the Pulitzer Prize-winning Embracing Defeat. He is the author of several books himself, among them The Business of Books, A Political Education, and most recently, Words and Money.
- Author(s)Andre Schiffrin
- PublisherThe New Press
- Date of Publication27/01/2011
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe New Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight685 g
- Width222 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.74Trending at AU $16.20
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $37.95
- AU $14.06Trending at AU $20.88
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.