Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.15
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.45
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.32
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.26
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.26
About this product
- DescriptionDrawn from Life: People on Paper brings together over 50 masterpieces of drawing from the Arts Council and British Council collections, celebrating images of people captured on paper. The selection spans over a century of British art, from Vorticist master Wyndham Lewis and Eduardo Paolozzi's animated line drawings inspired by Rembrandt to postwar Henry Moore and Lucian Freud's somber figure studies. This survey includes numerous works by some of the biggest names of 20th- and 21st-century British art, including Frank Auerbach, Peter Blake, Elizabeth Frink, Antony Gormley, Richard Hamilton, Barbara Hepworth, David Hockney, Howard Hodgkin, Gwen John, Walter Sickert, Stanley Spencer and Euan Uglow, among many others. A foreword by Jill Constantine, Head of the Arts Council Collection, introduces the collection's holdings in figurative art while an engaging and insightful essay by Martin Herbert explores the multitudius themes within the works as well as the development of figurative drawing throughout the period. Drawn from Life: People on Paper is a curious and compact volume covering an exciting array of styles from some of the world's best-kwn artists.
- PublisherHayward Gallery Publishing
- Date of Publication01/02/2016
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHayward Gallery Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width160 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.