All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPacked with good advice on choosing the right Ducati bevel twin, with a comprehensive inspection guide and in-depth analysis of strengths and weaknesses, this book covers desirable upgrades, modifications to avoid, valuation, and predicting which models will become collectable (if they aren't already). Illustrated throughout with photos of key areas to check and foibles to be aware of, and featuring details of the Ducati community, to whether a Ducati bevel twin will suit you and your lifestyle, this is the complete guide to choosing, assessing, and buying the Ducati bevel twin of your dreams.
- Author BiographyIan Falloon has enjoyed an involvement with Ducati motorcycles, and bevel twins in particular, for nearly 40 years. In addition to writing several books covering these models, he is an avid restorer with over 20 bevel twin restorations to his credit. He was also fortunate enough to enjoy a close association with the factory and the engineers during the period these bikes were manufactured, providing him with an invaluable insight into their development. Ian lives in Australia with his wife, Miriam, and two sons, Ben and Tim.
- Author(s)Ian Falloon
- PublisherVeloce Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication28/07/2012
- SubjectRoad & Motor Vehicles: General Interest
- Series TitleEssential Buyer's Guide
- Place of PublicationDorset
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVeloce Publishing Ltd
- Content Note107 illustrations
- Weight149 g
- Width139 mm
- Height195 mm
- Spine8 mm
Most relevant reviews
- pcro200409 Mar, 2017by
Thin volume for a fat price
This is really just a magazine article formatted into pamphlet form, pretending to be a book. Priced like a book it fails to deliver anything other than just very summary information. This little booklet is just a platform for selling the author's other books. It is neither comprehensive nor 'essential'. I could call it a fraud but the word I orefer is 'ripoff'. A shocker.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
- sll13706 Sep, 2012by
I'd save my money if I had the chance over again
I bought this thinking that I'd see some new detail pictures and I might learn something new. I was wrong on both counts. This book assumes you don't know what a motorcycle is and that you have no idea about Ducati's at all. You could argue it's a reasonable proposition to start from but it seems to be trying to talk you out of buying one most of the time, it's very light on detail regarding different models; relative numbers; model progression; identifying characteristics; suggests parts like steel petrol tanks are "readily available but expensive" (I'd like to know where they are) and that at Auction you should approach the staff to assist you to view the engine compartment, luggage storage and interior. Cut and paste journalism and poor proof reading.
- sandyseansam03 Sep, 2012by
Easy read with a lot of very useful information.
If you are considering purchasing a bevel drive Ducati this is a must read. Great little book at a good price.
- ttwr250f10 Oct, 2012by
Great reference little to ducati bevels
Book new as advertised and fast delivery. small but detailed reference guide to ducati bevel heads. Reasonable detail on issues to look for when buying or owning
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.52
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.32
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.67
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $51.80
- AU $41.91Trending at AU $52.43
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $33.00