All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
About this product
- DescriptionClassical design for the modern communicator. This elegant guide to organization brings to life the time-hored art of arranging one's thoughts into a cohesive piece of thesis-driven communication, whether oral or written. The particular method of organization under discussion here is that of classical oration, a flexible and robust system for ordering the components of a speech or an essay so as to maximize the rhetorical impact on a given audience. After a brief introduction, the book is arranged in two parts. The first part defines each of the six components of classical oration, and the second part delineates a suggested sequence for the actual building of a cohesive essay or speech. Included at the end is an appendix containing a sample essay and a sample speech to illustrate classical oration design features. Lots of people have good ideas but find themselves at a loss when it comes to ordering those ideas in such a way that others can readily apprehend them. This book is for all those people: for speakers and writers-and ultimately for their audiences.
- Author BiographyMichael Larson teaches English at Minnesota State College - Southeast Technical, in Winona, Minnesota. He is the author of A Concise Guide to Documentation: MLA, APA, and Chicago, as well as a book of poems, What We Wish We Knew, and a chapbook of poems, The Light Remaining. Mr. Larson is also the recipient of a National Endowment for the Arts fellowship in poetry, a Loft-McKnight fellowship in poetry, and an Iowa State Arts Board grant in fiction.
- Author(s)Michael J P Larson
- Date of Publication13/04/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight136 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.