Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $21.66
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.50
About this product
- DescriptionThis highly topical book discusses the potential enlargement of the EU to embrace the countries of Central and Eastern Europe and the ermous challenges, opportunities and threats this poses for parties on both sides. Understanding of the diversity of the issues raised, even by an experimental expansion, is limited and rarely extends beyond the concerns voiced in a particular policy arena. This volume brings together contributions from specialists across the spectrum of the social sciences who consider the possible outcomes of expansion per se. The authors consider the countries to which membership might rationally be extended, and discuss the future of a Union that continues to be exclusive, but which must advance in the context of the overall march of globalisation. The contributions from numerous disciplines are complementary and include both macro- and micro perspectives. EU Expansion to the East is designed to be accessible to all scholars of European affairs, as well as those interested in transition and policymakers at national, regional and local levels.
- Author BiographyEdited by Hilary Ingham, Senior Lecturer, Department of Economics and Mike Ingham, Principal, ACOST and Department of Economics, Lancaster University, UK
- PublisherEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication11/06/2003
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Place of PublicationCheltenham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Content Notefigs.tabs.
- Weight472 g
- Width216 mm
- Height138 mm
- Edited byHilary Ingham,Mike Ingham
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.