All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume completes a series of four titles which comprehensively cover the development of Greek vases. One of the most intriguing things about Greek vase painting from the 11th to the 6th centuries BC is that it shows all the components of Greek art which were to culminate in the Classical styles of the 5th century BC. Geometric vases gave way by about 700 BC to the influence of the Near East and in this new Orientalizing period the Greeks learned how to tell a story in pictures. Early Greek vases display the Greek painter's craft at its most mathematical, its most colourful and most narrative, and are here set against the background of the history and culture of their day.
- Author(s)John Boardman
- PublisherThames & Hudson Ltd
- Date of Publication18/05/1998
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Series TitleWorld of Art S.
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThames & Hudson Ltd
- Content Note588 illustrations
- Weight550 g
- Width149 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $26.07Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $37.12Trending at AU $43.40
- AU $29.30Trending at AU $31.81
- AU $70.85Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.39
- AU $19.05Trending at AU $23.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.