All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLearning opportunities in the early years need to be child-led and child-centered and yet many settings still insist on creating displays that are created by adults or for adults or which have involved children putting together pre-prepared pieces to form near identical finished products. Both the EYFS and the Children's Act ask that children play an active part in decision making processes and child-led display offers an excellent way of moving towards these goals. This book will t only give specific examples of displays which actively involve children in their development and which encourage ongoing interaction (to include photographic examples) but it will also address some of the traditional views about display and show how changing these views can lead to display becoming more than just decorative wall covering. It also addresses issues of space and budget and hence is appropriate for all practitioners within early years. Special reference is made to issues encountered by pre-schools who have to pack everything up at the end of session as well as childminders who have limited display space within their own homes.
- Author BiographyAlistair was head teacher of a very successful three-form entry infant school and Early Years Unit for 10 years. Alongside his headship he worked an EYFS consultant working with a diverse range of settings to help them to enhance their EYFS practice. In 2009 Alistair left headship and went into full time consultancy. He is now the proud owner of ABC Does...Ltd Alistair's experience and expertise has meant that he has been invited to work with individuals, settings and Local Authorities both Nationally and Internationally. He has written on the subject of EYFS for a wide variety of publications. Alistair's work with settings is based on leading by example and not just 'telling'. In September 2010 he set up a blog where he posts examples of the work that he does alongside activity ideas, planning formats and policies. The blog is constantly updated with new ideas and initiatives. You can find out more at: abcdoes.com
- Author(s)Alistair Bryce-Clegg,Kirstine Beeley
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication27/02/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFeatherstone Education
- Weight269 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $50.46Trending at AU $57.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.