All listings for this product
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $24.99Trending at AU $26.26
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $22.15
- AU $13.95Trending at AU $14.11
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $27.55
- AU $28.16Trending at AU $30.28
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $15.11
- AU $18.42Trending at AU $33.95
About this product
- DescriptionMichelin-rated restaurants and street-vendor fare earn equal time in the newest release of the internationally acclaimed Eat Smart culinary guidebook series. That means exploring the currywurst and doner kebabs of Berlin, then spicy crepes with venison and cherries at the Hotel Sackmann in the Black Forest. Authentic German dining begins with sausage, rouladen, potato salad, gingerbread, and strudel--but so much more defines and influences the cuisine. Consider the verve with which Kiel residents devour sprats (young herring) near the Baltic and North seas. Or the pride that people in the village of Bautzen take in serving a centuries-old recipe for Sorbian soup. Eat Smart in Germany connects menus and markets to geography, history, and regional pride. In the book are these practical and fun features: dozens of delicious recipes from chefs and other food experts that allow travellers and cookbook lovers to re-create the cuisine a Menu Guide that demystifies food selection, allowing visitors to order with confidence a Food and Flavours Guide that provides a comprehensive list of foods, spices, cooking styles, and more to assist shoppers at colourful outdoor markets an explanation of culinary history that covers the origins and varieties of ingredients, regional recipes, and well-kwn German favourites a translation of useful phrases that eases the challenge of shopping for food or placing an order in restaurants glossaries that introduce food and cooking terms in German and English.
- Author BiographyMary Bergin of Madison , Wisconsin, is a lifelong professional journalist whose writing forte is food and travel. Her award-winning books about Wisconsin and the Midwest demonstrate an intense interest in regional quirks and specialities.
- Author(s)Mary Bergin
- PublisherGingko Press
- Date of Publication15/09/2012
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationMadison
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGingko Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations
- Weight227 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.