Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionEcomics of Professional sports uses ecomics to understand the sports industry. The book covers professional team sports from an ecomic perspective, including ecomic decisions made by fans, teams, leagues, and players. The book is intended as a textbook in an upper level undergraduate class.
- Author BiographyBrad R. Humphreys is a professor in the College of Business and Economics, Department of Economics at West Virginia University. He holds a PhD in economics from the Johns Hopkins University. He was on the faculty at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and the University of Alberta before joining the faculty of WVU in 2013. He is a past president of the North American Association of Sports Economists. He has published more than 75 papers in peer-reviewed journals in economics and public policy. His research on the economics and financing of professional sports has been published in academic journals in economics and policy analysis, including the Journal of Urban Economics, the Journal of Monetary Economics, the Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, the Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, Empirical Economics, Public Finance Review, and Regional Science and Urban Economics. Since July 2011 he has served as Editor-in-Chief of Contemporary Economic Policy, a general interest economics journal focused on economic policy analysis. He twice testified before the United States Congress on the economic impact of professional sports teams and facilities.
- Author(s)Brad R Humphreys,Dr Brad R Humphreys
- PublisherBrh Publishing
- Date of Publication01/11/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBrh Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight608 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.