All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA good number of misconceptions are currently circulating on the effects of n-ionizing radiations on our health, which can lead to an oversimplification of the issue, to potentially dangerous assumptions or to misleading data analysis. Health effects may be exaggerated, or on the contrary underplayed. The authors of this work (doctors, engineers and researchers) have endeavored to supply validated and easily understandable scientific information on the electromagnetic fields and their biological and health effects. After a general review of the physics of the waves and a presentation of n-ionizing radiations, the authors review the main emission sources encountered in our daily environment. They summarize simply but as accurately as possible the current kwledge on their biological effects. The safety limits recommended by international organizations are presented for the different frequency ranges. This book is intended for doctors, teachers, scientists, students, policy makers and anyone else interested in a deeper understanding of the health effects of electromagnetic fields. Intended to serve a broad readership, everyone will approach it according to their respective level of curiosity and kwledge. It is neither an exhaustive inventory of all the studies made to date, r a survey text focusing only on some chosen studies. Nor is the objective to present all the sources of n-ionizing radiations. Interested readers will be given the opportunity to broaden their kwledge, also by consulting the selected bibliography presented by the authors at the end of each chapter.
- Author BiographyAnne Perrin is a PhD in molecular and cellular biology and also completed a degree in philosophy (Master's degree Culture and health ). She has been a Researcher at the Biomedical Research Institute of the Armies (IRBA) in Grenoble (France) since 1994, and is currently President of the Non-Ionizing Radiations Section of the French Radio-Protection Society (SFRP). Martine Souques is a public health doctor and epidemiologist. For more than 20 years, she has been involved in the evaluation of the health and environmental risks linked to 50 Hz electric and magnetic fields at the Medical Studies Department of Electricity of France (EDF). She is the current Vice-President of the Non-Ionizing Radiations Section of the French Radio-Protection society (SFRP).
- PublisherSpringer Editions
- Date of Publication31/01/2013
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationParis
- Country of PublicationFrance
- ImprintSpringer Editions
- Content Note25 black & white illustrations, 6 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight296 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byAnne Perrin,Martine Souques
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.26
- AU $17.87Trending at AU $21.24
- AU $37.39Trending at AU $44.49
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $37.13
- AU $25.92Trending at AU $34.15
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.20
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $76.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.