All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionAs Tudors go, Elizabeth of York is relatively unkwn. Yet she was the mother of the dynasty, with her children becoming King of England (Henry VIII) and Queens of Scotland (Margaret) and France (Mary Rose) and her direct descendants included three Tudor monarchs, two executed queens and, ultimately, the Stuart royal family. Although her offspring took England into the early modern era, Elizabeth's upbringing was rooted firmly in the medieval world. The pivotal moment was 1485. Before then, her future was uncertain amid the turbulent Wars of the Roses, Elizabeth being promised first to one man and then ather, and witnessing the humiliation and murder of her family. Surviving the bloodbath of the reign of her uncle, Richard III, she slipped easily into the roles of devoted wife and queen to Henry VII and mother to his children, and has been venerated ever since for her docility and beauty. But was she as placid as history has suggested? In fact, she may have been a deeply cultured and intelligent survivor who learned to walk a difficult path through the twists and turns of fortune. Perhaps she was more of a modern woman than historians have given her credit for.
- Author BiographyAmy Licence has been a teacher for over a decade. She has an MA in Medieval and Tudor Studies and has published several scholarly articles on the Tudors. She is the author of In Bed With the Tudors: The Sex Lives of a Dynasty from Elizabeth of York to Elizabeth I and Anne Neville, also published by Amberley. She lives in Canterbury.
- Author(s)Amy Licence
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication13/03/2014
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note40
- Weight295 g
- Width124 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $56.35Trending at AU $60.64
- AU $19.08Trending at AU $26.10
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $37.64Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $47.17Trending at AU $59.70
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.