All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $22.33Trending at AU $24.58
- AU $10.56Trending at AU $12.63
- AU $41.01Trending at AU $51.81
- AU $12.39Trending at AU $19.14
- AU $19.00Trending at AU $22.90
- AU $30.89Trending at AU $36.19
- AU $17.55Trending at AU $19.91
About this product
- DescriptionOur shadow side comes to the surface in relationships more than anywhere else. The good news is that when we recognize and understand that we can work with our tendency to project our shadow onto those with whom we're in relationship, we can release ourselves from the habit to hurt or control one ather, and we can tame our retaliatory impulses. Using Buddhist-inspired mindfulness techniques and practices for cultivating loving-kindness, David Richo shows us how we can become skilled at ticing our projections onto others and we can learn to withdraw them. We can grow from that process, discovering the wisdom of our shadow side that is hidden even to ourselves. By befriending and embracing the shadow, we can discover the gifts we might t otherwise have dared to recognize or share. <p/>This audio recording of a live workshop led by David Richo was recorded at Spirit Rock Meditation Center. The workshop was based on Richo's book Shadow Dance. <p/>4 CDs.
- Author BiographyDavid Richo, PhD, is a psychotherapist, teacher, writer, and workshop leader whose work emphasizes the benefits of mindfulness and loving-kindness in personal growth and emotional well-being. He is the author of numerous books, including How to Be an Adult in Relationships and The Five Things We Cannot Change. He lives in Santa Barbara and San Francisco, California.
- Author(s)David Richo
- PublisherShambhala Publications Inc
- Date of Publication06/03/2013
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationBoston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintShambhala Audio
- Weight113 g
- Width132 mm
- Height147 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Contained items statement4 Audio CDs
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.