All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $39.56Trending at AU $42.72
About this product
- DescriptionThe ten essays in this collection were written to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the lectures which became Wilfrid Sellars's Empiricism and the Philosophy of Mind, one of the crowning achievements of 20th-century analytic philosophy. Both appreciative and critical of Sellars's accomplishment, they engage with his treatment of crucial issues in metaphysics and epistemology. The topics include the standing of empiricism, Sellars's complex treatment of perception, his dissatisfaction with both foundationalist and coherentist epistemologies, his commitment to realism, and the status of the rmative (the logical space of reasons and the manifest image ). The volume shows how vibrant Sellarsian philosophy remains in the 21st century.
- Author BiographyWillem deVries is Professor of Philosophy at the University of New Hampshire. He was a student of Wilfrid Sellars' and has published extensively on his work.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication26/11/2009
- Series TitleMind Association Occasional Series
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight519 g
- Width145 mm
- Height223 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byWillem A. DeVries
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.