All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
About this product
- DescriptionEnvironment and Politics 4th Edition is a concise introduction to this ever-expanding interdisciplinary field, explaining and illustrating how concepts, conflicts, movements, political systems and the practices of policy-making can be analysed in a systematic way. This book provides a comprehensive overview of the key themes that shape the field, and examines a diverse range of environmental problems and policy solutions found in different countries and cultures. The new edition has been extensively revised to include up-to-date explanation of green political theories and traditions and the debates that shape action on the ground. It contains an expanded discussion of environmental movements that work in the Global North, the Global South and transnationally. Greater attention has been given to the roles of corporations, n-governmental organizations, the media, consumers and citizens in order to reflect the changing nature of environmental governance. The text also focuses throughout on debates surrounding the concepts of environmental security, environmental justice and environmental citizenship. The authors examine the institutional responses of parliaments, administrative, legal and electoral systems; the more informal politics of social movements; and the politics of markets and the corporate sector as they respond to (or resist) the greening of societies. This engaging text has been fully updated to offer readers a greater understanding of international, national and local environmental politics as well as expected future developments at all levels. Environment and Politics continues to use illustrative examples of conflicts, people and events spanning North and South America, Europe, Asia, Africa and Australia, giving it global perspective and relevance. Each chapter includes questions for debate as well as a list of key words and resources for independent research. This successful textbook remains a key resource for undergraduate and postgraduate studies across politics, environmental studies, development studies and human geography courses.
- Author BiographyTimothy Doyle teaches and researches International Political Economy and Global Environmental Politics in the Department of Politics and International Studies at the University of Adelaide, Australia; and he is a Distinguished Research Fellow at the Australia-Asia-Pacific Institute (AAPI), Curtin University, Western Australia. Doug McEachern was formerly Deputy Vice Chancellor Research and Innovation at the University of Western Australia. Professor McEachern specializes in studies of the role of business in politics through consideration of public policy debate and disputes. His most recent work has been on environmental politics and policy. Sherilyn MacGregor is Senior Lecturer in Environmental Politics and the Director of the Environmental Studies programme at Keele University, UK. She has taught environmental politics at universities in Canada, the USA, and the UK. She is joint editor of Environmental Politics. Her research focuses on the intersections of feminism and environmentalism and on theories of ecological citizenship.
- Author(s)Doug McEachern,Professor Timothy Doyle,Sherilyn MacGregor
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication08/09/2015
- SubjectGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleRoutledge Introductions to Environment: Environment and Society Texts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note10 black & white illustrations, 2 black & white tables, 9 black & white halftones, 1 black & white line drawings
- Weight510 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.