Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.13
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.03
- AU $12.61Trending at AU $17.01
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.38
About this product
- DescriptionLaura and Patricius Escher are an extravagant couple part of London's establishment. For the inauguration of their villa in Kent-actually a castle designed and built by Laura-they invite their best four friends to stay over for the weekend. The Barretts come without the kids, so that they can actually enjoy the weekend. Patricius' childhood friend Barbara, recently divorced and unemployed, is of course up for a good party. And then there's Manfred, who comes along because he is virtually forced to attend the party. He is Laura's ex professor and best friend, but he happens to hate Patricius Escher with all his guts-something that despite his proper English manners is crystal clear to everyone but for Patricius. The surreal castle, with its architectonic trickery and high-tech devices, serves as a narcotic complement to the excess of food and alcohol that Patricius has planned for his guests. The Dutchman is an upcoming playwright who intends to make some anuncements that are meant to change his life and those of his friends. Their lives change indeed, for that weekend their little coterie experiences infidelity and murder, all while getting trapped inside that castle.
- Author BiographyJuan was born in Bogota in 1971. A hardcore traveler, he has lived in several countries in the Americas, Europe and Asia. He studied Economy and Political Sciences in the University of Kansas, and he speaks five languages. He has worked on sustainable development projects, film & TV-including formula racing broadcast in China-and advertising. His hobby is making independent movies, and he invented a high impact sport, Toche. Juan's dream is to implement a sustainable development model so we can stop trashing this beauty of a planet that we were given.
- Author(s)Juan Vargas
- Date of Publication24/01/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Out-of-print date04/11/2014
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight422 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.