CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.45
About this product
- DescriptionEssentials in Total Hip Arthroplasty by Dr. Javad Parvizi is a succinct, yet comprehensive text that provides a unique and colorful look into the world of total hip arthroplasty, an in-depth history of this common procedure, as well as strategies to treat and prevent complications. Inside you will find information on: - Patient selection - Preoperative templating - Surgical techniques - Relevant anesthesia and pain management - Postoperative rehabilitation - Strategies for minimization of complications - Relevant figures and diagrams - And much more Essentials in Total Hip Arthroplasty is unique in its format to provide basic and detailed information on total hip arthroplasty from A to Z with descriptive, easy-to-read text and extensive visual elements, such as charts and tables. With total hip arthroplasty being the most successful and popular procedure and each chapter being written by both a resident and an attending, Essentials in Total Hip Arthroplasty will be the essential go-to text for residents, fellows, physical therapists, students, and junior attendings involved with all matters related to the procedure.
- Author BiographyJavad Parvizi MD, FRCS is a Professor of Orthopedic Surgery at the Rothman Institute and Thomas Jefferson University with an interest in reconstruction of complex pelvis, hip, and knee diseases with special emphasis on joint preservation. He is a member of numerous national and international societies such as the Hip Society, the Knee Society, and the Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons and has served in leadership roles in a large number of national committees. He is a member of various editorial boards for orthopedic journals. He has received wide recognition for his clinical and basic science research including the Brazilian presidential award of honor, 5 Hip Society awards, and 4 Knee Society awards, as well as numerous honors from other societies. He has authored over 350 peer-reviewed manuscripts, is the editor of 5 text books in orthopedics, and has authored over 120 chapters. Brian A. Klatt, MD graduated from the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine in 1997. After completing his orthopedic residency at the University of Pittsburgh, he served 4 years on active duty with the United States Air Force. The final 2 years in the military were spent working with the residency program at Wilford Hall Medical Center, and it was there that his commitment to education was solidified. After an honorable discharge from the military, Dr. Klatt completed a fellowship in adult reconstruction at the Rothman Institute, Thomas Jefferson University in Philadelphia. His decision to attend a fellowship at the Rothman Institute was a direct result of meeting Dr. Rothman at a lecture in San Antonio. Dr. Klatt has been lucky to be mentored by many of the great names in orthopedic surgery today. He is currently an Assistant Professor of Orthopedic Surgery at the University of Pittsburgh. Dr. Klatt returned to the University of Pittsburgh, where he continues to dedicate himself to the education of medical students and residents. His research interests are varied and encompass both clinical and basic science topics. He is honored to have worked with Dr. Parvizi to produce this text. This text is their second collaborative effort. Dr. Klatt hopes that it will provide a quick and easy source for residents who seek to understand the essential information required to master total hip arthroplasty.
- Author(s)Brian A. Klatt,Javad Parvizi
- PublisherSLACK Incorporated
- Date of Publication01/12/2009
- SubjectSurgery: Professional
- Place of PublicationThorofare
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSLACK Incorporated
- Content Noteill
- Weight1270 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.