All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionArguing that ethnicity and multiculturalism are essential for understanding globalization, Jan Nederveen Pieterse offers one of the first sustained treatments of the reach of these key forces beyond a limited national context. His groundbreaking book adopts a kaleidoscopic and comparative-historical perspective that intertwines strands of social science and western and n-western research as a strategy to overcome the disciplinary and regional fragmentation of most discussions. Moving beyond worn tions of ethnicity and multiculturalism, Nederveen Pieterse proposes ethnicities and global multiculture as alternative, wide-angle perspectives on cultural diversity. Global multiculture, he convincingly demonstrates, offers a fresh account of cultural dynamics amid accelerated globalization.
- Author BiographyJan Nederveen Pieterse is Mellichamp Professor of Global Studies and Sociology at the University of California, Santa Barbara.
- Author(s)Jan Nederveen Pieterse
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication15/03/2007
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables
- Weight540 g
- Width161 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.