All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEvaluating Demand-Driven Acquisitions examines recent research in demand-driven acquisitions in an effort to develop an evaluation framework specific to demand-driven programs. The chapters in this volume focus on the criteria and methods that are used to evaluate the results of demand-driven programs in research. Case studies and pilot programs from all types of libraries-including interlibrary loan to purchase programs, catalog integrated strategies, and evidence-based collection development-help illuminate the current best practices and benchmarks for demand-driven evaluation. This book helps librarians and practitioners evaluate their existing demand-driven programs and make adjustments that could decrease costs or expand existing strategies. It is also suitable for librarians with new or emerging demand-driven programs to use as a framework for developing ongoing assessment programs or evaluating pilot programs.
- Author BiographyLaura Costello spent five years at Teachers College, Columbia University, most recently serving as the Head of Library Materials and Acquisitions. At Teachers College she was involved in several initiatives and assessments of demand driven acquisitions programs and was involved in the process of transitioning Teachers College to a fully demand driven institution in 2011. Laura holds an MLIS from the University of Wisconsin Milwaukee and a B.A. in English literature from the University of Minnesota.
- Author(s)Laura Costello
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication04/10/2016
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Place of PublicationOXford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintChandos Publishing (Oxford) Ltd
- Weight200 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $17.80Trending at AU $22.39
- AU $43.34Trending at AU $44.65
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $37.27
- AU $25.64Trending at AU $34.27
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.66
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.