Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThis edited book provides a hard-hitting and deliberately provocative overview of the relationship between evidence, policy and practice, how policy is implemented and how research can and should influence the policy process. It critiques the tion of 'evidence-based practice', suggesting instead a more inclusive idea of 'kwledge-base practice', based in part on the lived experience of service users. It will be of interest to everyone in health and social care policy, practice and research.
- Author BiographyJon Glasby is Professor of Health and Social Care and Director of the Health Services Management Centre, University of Birmingham. A qualified social worker by background, he has extensive experience of research, teaching, consultancy and policy advice in health and social care.
- PublisherPolicy Press
- Date of Publication07/06/2011
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolicy Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight204 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.