Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.96
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionThis timely book demonstrates why there needs to be a more thoughtful and collaborative effort on the part of K-12 schools, as well as institutions of higher education, to provide better college access to students from low-income communities. Building on a 10-year case study of a successful school-university partnership, the authors examine the supports, mentoring, and resources needed to transform the college opportunities and life chances for under-represented urban youth. Featuring first-hand accounts from student participants, the book documents how the model provided college access to some of the most selective and prestigious universities across the nation. Because this partnership situates college access within a social justice framework, it is one of the more unique programs in the country. Book Features: * Shows what successful partnerships look like when schools and districts work with common goals and outcomes. * Documents an approach that identifies promising students early in their high school careers. * Emphasizes college access with a commitment to social justice, equity, and investment in schools and communities. * Focuses on student perspectives to identify mentoring and high school resources that make a difference in their college pursuit. * Includes viewpoints of university personnel and parents about the impact of the program on students.
- Author BiographyEdited by Tyrone C. Howard is a professor of education in the Graduate School of Education and Information Studies' Urban Schooling Division, UCLA, USA. Jonli Tunstall is director of the UCLA VIP Scholars Program. Terry Flennaugh is an assistant professor and coordinator of Urban Education Initiatives for the College of Education at Michigan State University, USA.
- PublisherTeachers' College Press
- Date of Publication28/02/2017
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTeachers' College Press
- Weight386 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byJonli Tunstall,Terry Flennaugh,Tyrone C. Howard
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.