All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- Description<b><b>*Newly Updated, this Revised Edition Includes the Latest Research and Findings on Genetic Testing and more*</b> Gives moms-to-be a big helping of peace of mind! Harvey Karp M.D., bestselling author of <i>The Happiest Baby on the Block</i> Pregnancy unquestionably one of the most profound, meaningful experiences of adulthood can reduce otherwise intelligent women to, well, babies.Pregnant women are told to avoid cold cuts, sushi, alcohol, and coffee without ever being told <i>why</i> these are forbidden. Rules for prenatal testing are similarly unexplained. Moms-to-be desperately want a resource that empowers them to make their own right choices. When award-winning ecomist Emily Oster was a mom-to-be herself, she evaluated the data behind the accepted rules of pregnancy, and discovered that most are often misguided and some are just flat-out wrong. Debunking myths and explaining everything from the real effects of caffeine to the surprising dangers of gardening, <i>Expecting Bettering </i>is the book for every pregnant woman who wants to enjoy a healthy and relaxed pregnancy and the occasional glass of wine.
- Author Biography<b>Emily Oster</b>, the daughter of two economists and the wife of a third, is an associate professor of economics at the University of Chicago Booth School. She lives with her husband and daughter in Chicago.
- Author(s)Emily Oster
- PublisherPenguin Books
- Date of Publication24/06/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPenguin Books
- Weight308 g
- Width134 mm
- Height219 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $105.99Trending at AU $107.61
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.04
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.