All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.93
About this product
- DescriptionLearn from F#'s inventor to become an expert in the latest version of this powerful programming language so you can seamlessly integrate functional, imperative, object-oriented, and query programming style flexibly and elegantly to solve any programming problem. Expert F# 4.0 will help you achieve unrivaled levels of programmer productivity and program clarity across multiple platforms including Windows, Linux, Android, OSX, and iOS as well as HTML5 and GPUs. F# 4.0 is a mature, open source, cross-platform, functional-first programming language which empowers users and organizations to tackle complex computing problems with simple, maintainable, and robust code. Expert F# 4.0 is: * A comprehensive guide to the latest version of F# by the inventor of the language* A treasury of F# techniques for practical problem-solving* An in-depth case book of F# applications and F# 4.0 concepts, syntax, and features Written by F#'s inventor and two major F# community members, Expert F# 4.0 is a comprehensive and in-depth guide to the language and its use. Designed to help others become experts, the book quickly yet carefully describes the paradigms supported by F# language, and then shows how to use F# elegantly for a practical web, data, parallel and analytical programming tasks. The world's experts in F# show you how to program in F# the way they do!
- Author BiographyDon Syme is a principal researcher at Microsoft Research, and the main designer of F#. Since joining Microsoft Research in 1998, he has been a seminal contributor to a wide variety of leading-edge projects, including generics in C# and the .NET Common Language Runtime, F# itself, F# asynchronous programming, and units of measure in F#. He received a Ph.D. from the University of Cambridge Computer Laboratory in 1999. Adam Granicz is the chief executive officer of IntelliFactory, the leading provider of F# training, development and consulting services, and technologies that enable rapid functional, reactive web development. He has over eight years of experience applying F# in commercial projects, and works on WebSharper, IntelliFactory's web development platform that offers unrivaled productivity, a uniform programming model based on F#, and the fastest way to develop robust, client-based rich Internet and mobile applications. Adam is an active F# evangelist, a regular F# author and speaker at development conferences and workshops, and serves on the steering committee of the Commercial Users of Functional Programming (CUFP) Workshop, representing the F# segment. Antonio Cisternino is an assistant professor in the Computer Science Department of the University of Pisa. His primary research is on scientific computing, meta-programming and domain-specific languages on virtual-machine-based execution environments. He has been active in the .NET community since 2001 and developed VSLab, a Microsoft Visual Studio add-in to support MATLAB-like programming in F# and Visual Studio. He is also author of annotated C#, an extension of C#, and Robotics4.NET, a framework for programming robots with Microsoft .NET. Cisternino holds a Ph.D. in Computer Science from the University of Pisa.
- Author(s)Adam Granicz,Antonio Cisternino,Don Syme
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication16/09/2015
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- Content Note48 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight1149 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Contained items statementContains Book and Electronic book text
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.