All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
About this product
- DescriptionExploring Education For Digital Librarians provides a fresh and new perspective on the discipline and profession of Library and Information Science (LIS), with focus on preparing students for their careers as digital librarians who will deal with the present and future virtual information environments. An exploration of the kwledge base and possible theoretical construction for the academic discipline, as well as a delineation of the competencies for praxis of the profession, suggest a model that could be used internationally to prepare digital librarians for their future professional information careers. This text offers an overview of the library and i-School situation which is informative and forward thinking.
- Author BiographyDr Myburgh has explored many areas of information work - in theory and practice - in several countries. She has been educating new information professionals since 1984 and is published widely. For some time, her central research interest has been the development of appropriate curricula for new information professionals and the work that lies ahead in the digital, global world, with specific reference to notions of internationalisation and professional social responsibility. Her recent book published by Chandos explored the wider issues position the discipline/profession in the contemporary world. She is currently at the University of South Australia, Adelaide. Dr Tammaro has had extensive experience in academic librarianship, having been the University Librarian of Florence. She is currently Professor at the University of Parma. She became an academic, with a particular interest in internationalisation of education ad curriculum for digital libraries, in order to pursue her interests in education of new information professionals. She is currently Local Co-ordinator of the European Commission's Erasmus Mundus Master's in Digital Library Learning, and Chair of the IFLA Committee on Education and Training. She is particularly active in relating the praxis of information work to the theories and education that support it.
- Author(s)Anna Maria Tammaro,Sue Myburgh,Susan Myburgh
- PublisherWoodhead Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication17/04/2013
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Series TitleChandos Information Professional Series
- Place of PublicationWitney
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintChandos Publishing (Oxford) Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight472 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.