Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.67Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.46Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
About this product
- DescriptionEven in a digital age dominated by the Web and DVD's, print media remains a primary means of communication in our culture. Exploring Publication Design tackles the unique challenges encountered in designing books, magazines, newspapers, promotional literature, and the various other types of print publications. Highly regarded author and design educator Poppy Evans identifies the design and communication issues specific to publications and then examines the ways in which design principles and techniques can be applied to solve these design challenges. The book's wide-ranging coverage includes the most effective ways of organizing content and using type and color, sources of visual images, the ins and outs of page layout, professional opportunities in publication design, and much more.
- Author BiographyPoppy Evans is an award-winning writer and graphic designer who teaches and lectures on art and design. Most recently, she served as Assistant Professor at the Art Academy of Cincinnati where she taught for 16 years. Now retired, she continues to teach art and design at local colleges and universities. Her background includes serving as managing editor for HOW magazine and as board member for HOW magazine's Editorial Advisory Board. She is also a former board member for Cincinnati AIGA. In addition to co-authoring the Exploring the Elements of Design, she is the author of Exploring Publication Design, 12 other book titles for graphic designers, and hundreds of magazine articles. Prior to teaching and writing for the design industry, she worked for many years as a graphic designer and magazine art director.
- Author(s)Poppy Evans
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication17/09/2005
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationClifton Park
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDelmar Cengage Learning
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight586 g
- Width200 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.