All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.40Trending at AU $31.55
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
About this product
- DescriptionFrom John Brown's raid to Reconstruction, Eyewitness to the Civil War presents a clear, comprehensive discussion that addresses every military, political, and social aspect of this crucial period. In-depth descriptions of campaigns and battles in all theaters of war are accompanied by a thorough evaluation of the nmilitary elements of the struggle between North and South. In their own words, commanders and common soldiers in both armies tell of life on the battlefield and behind the lines, while letters from wives, mothers, and sisters provide a portrait of the home front. More than 375 historical photographs, portraits, and artifacts-many never before published-evoke the era's flavor; and detailed maps of terrain and troop movements make it easy to follow the strategies and tactics of Union and Confederate generals as they fought through four harsh years of war. Photoessays on topics ranging from the everyday lives of soldiers to the dramatic escapades of the cavalry lend a breathtaking you-are-there feeling, and an inclusive appendix adds even more detail to what is already a magnificently meticulous history.
- Author BiographyNeil Kagan, editor, heads Kagan & Associates Inc., a firm specializing in innovative illustrated books, and is the guiding spirit behind numerous book series including Voices of the Civil War and Our American Century. Recently he edited Great Battles of the Civil War, Great Photographs of the Civil War, and National Geographic Concise History of the World. He lives in Falls Church, Virginia. Stephen G. Hyslop is a writer and editor of books on American and world history, including National Geographic Almanac of World History (with Patricia Daniels). He served as editor for the history series Time Frame, What Life Was Like, and American Indians. He is a contributing writer for History Channel Magazine.
- Author(s)Steve Hyslop
- PublisherNational Geographic Books
- Date of Publication21/11/2006
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNational Geographic Books
- Content Noteill
- Weight1876 g
- Width241 mm
- Height284 mm
- Spine31 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.