All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $73.25
- AU $84.17Trending at AU $91.13
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.49
- AU $12.76Trending at AU $15.08
- AU $11.68Trending at AU $16.38
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.67
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $24.15
About this product
- DescriptionThe Godhand Women's Home houses two hundred of South Florida's most desperate young women, and what begins as Leila Sudders' refuge from her turbulent past quickly becomes a distorted mirror of her own darkness, so she does what she does best as she awaits her child's birth: close up. But despite her waning efforts, her toughness carves a path of treacherous consequence that intensifies as her due date draws near, which erupts when she crosses four other desperate women suffering from borderline personality disorder, PTSD, and schizophrenia. One of the five, thirtysomething missionary counselor Diana, fights tooth and nail to offer the others the strength to overcome their demons.
- Author BiographyCamille Burke is an MSW social worker with experience as a clinician, medical social worker, medical case manager, counselor, and outpatient therapist. She's also an entrepreneur with a business mind and social work heart that led her to start CFB Solutions, a social service agency. She has been writing fiction and non-fiction stories since she was seven; it's always been her passion. She won several poetry contests as a child; and she was so inspired in high school by William Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet, she wrote a poem commencing their love. Her poem was so impressive that her English teacher publicly displayed it for the sophomore class to read. She obtained her B.A. from Nova Southeastern University with a major in psychology and her Masters in social work (MSW) from Barry University. She also has experience as a sociology adjunct professor at a local community college. She loves serving clients of all ages, including homeless outreach, with combined expertise in social services and community building. She's devoted to helping people enrich their lives and make positive life-changing decisions. Faded Diamonds is Camille's first of many books to come. Stacey Pacouloute (pack-oo-loot) is from Miami, Florida. She's the fifth of six children to Haitian immigrant parents. Stacey received her masters of social work (MSW) from Barry university in Miami in 2008. She has worked with children, mothers, the elderly, and clients experiencing mental health and substance use issues. Stacey owns Pacouloute Services, Inc., a full social services company. Faded Diamonds is Stacey's first book and she hopes to inspire others to uncover the diamond in them. Mellissa Thomas is a Christian Jamaica-born writer who grew up in the U.S. since she was six, and served in the U.S. Navy for five years. She holds entertainment business Masters and film Bachelors degrees from Full Sail University in Winter Park, FL. After working there for two years, she quit and dove into entrepreneurship. She's currently available for hire, writing web content, blogs, and marketing copy (print and digital). You can find out more at http: //mellissathomas.com. Prior to Faded Diamonds, she published three other books: From a Babe: A Weekly Devotional, From a Babe: A Weekly Devotional Small Group Bible Study Workbook, and the first of her 5-ebook suspense series, Abstracted: Episode 1 of the Tenderfoot Series.
- Author(s)Camille Burke,Mellissa Thomas,Stacey Pacouloute
- PublisherMellissa Thomas
- Date of Publication09/01/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMellissa Thomas
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.