Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $50.46Trending at AU $57.09
About this product
- DescriptionBetter than swapping ideas with the owners of the boat in the next marina berth, this handy book will be a godsend to all boaters looking for simple solutions to everyday problems. Keeping a boat (whether sail or power) in a damp, corrosive environment (i.e. water) leads to all sorts of issues: rust, mildew, UV degradation, crazing, bad smells, staining, and worse. In this fantastic resource of quick, easy and cost-effective solutions to boat maintenance problems, the author shares tried and tested ideas to protect and improve your boat. From cleaning off rust marks from aluminium stanchions to dislodging bird droppings on deck and preventing dank cabin odours, it's all here; quick and easy tips to protect your hull, deck, windscreen, shorelines, engine, electrics, bilges, freshwater system, sails, rigging, winches, electronics, heads, furniture, windows, carpets, dinghies and tenders. The author also looks at new products on the market, new protectants and environmentally friendly cleaners, tackling the problems of ethal w introduced into fuel, lower emission engines, sealed batteries, as well as new cures for odour removal and mildew prevention. There's thing worse than getting to the boat and spending the day trying to cure a simple problem. This book ensures you can spend most of that time out on the water instead.
- Author BiographySandy Lindsey holds a captain's license, has been a contributing editor for BOATING magazine and presently writes for Heartland Boating, MadMariner, American Sportsman, Showboats and International Yachtsman amongst others. Sandy has been involved with powerboating all her life and has been sailing for over a decade. She and her husband own several boats and fish avidly.
- Author(s)Sandy Lindsey
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication03/01/2013
- SubjectShips & Waterways: General Interest
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAdlard Coles Nautical
- Content NoteBlack and white photos
- Weight411 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.