All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionThis comprehensive guide to the ferns of southern Africa (covering South Africa, Swaziland, Lesotho, Botswana and Namibia) throws new light on a category of plants that's little described or featured. User-friendly and accessible, it will enable quick and sure identification of all 315 ferns kwn to occur in the region. The book features: a double-page spread per species with a full plate of multiple; photographs, including close-ups; informative line drawings where necessary; detailed but clear descriptions; tables that highlight differences between similar-looking species; distribution maps based on years of intensive fieldwork; and, identification keys to families, genera and species. In compiling this unique and beautiful volume, the authors travelled extensively, even finding several new species of ferns. They are all treated in this guide - some described here for the first time. Ferns of Southern Africa will become the standard reference book on local ferns, and will likely become sought-after Africana.
- Author BiographyNeil Crouch is an ethnobotanist with SANBI. He recently co-authored Guide to Succulents of Southern Africa. Ronell Klopper is curator of the fern collection at the National Herbarium, SANBI. John Burrows is a nature conservationist. He authored Ferns and Fern Allies of South and South-central Africa. Sandra Burrows is an acclaimed botanical illustrator and natural history author who has collaborated on several works, including Southern African Ferns and Fern Allies.
- Author(s)John Burrows,Neil R. Crouch,Ronell R. Klopper,Sandra M. Burrows
- PublisherStruik Publishers (Pty) Ltd
- Date of Publication05/08/2011
- SubjectNatural History: Plants
- Place of PublicationCape Town
- Country of PublicationSouth Africa
- ImprintStruik Nature
- Content Note1750 phototgraphs, 100 illustrations, 300 distribution maps
- Weight1653 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine43 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.