Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $24.00+ postage
- Acceptable condition
- Sold by tinas-goodies
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis wide-ranging and informative book on the breeding of the ferret (Mustela putorius furo), one of the world's most popular pets, will appeal to the many hundreds of thousands of owners worldwide who wish to expand their family of ferrets. The book's contents will include the principles of ferret breeding, including detailed information on specialised housing, feeding and nutrition, along with in-depth information on all the major ferret diseases and ailments (with particular emphasis on those linked with breeding ferrets), and how to recognise, treat and avoid them. The anatomy and physiology of the ferret and the principles of genetics and animal breeding are all covered in eugh detail to enable keepers to understand how the ferret's body works. While the book is written for the lay-person, it will also be acceptable to, and useable by, scientists and professionals, covering all aspects of breeding ferrets and other mustelids. The contents are comprehensive and, as such suitable for everyone interested in breeding ferrets, whether for pets, racing, showing ( fancy ), working or as a business.There are currently books which specifically cover the breeding of ferrets in all its aspects.
- Author BiographyPreviously chief executive of the UK's National Federation of Zoos, James McKay is a Fellow of the Zoological Society of London and an independent zoological and environment consultant. He appears regularly on television as a presenter and expert guest and writes articles on pet-care, animals and green issues for numerous publications. The author lives in Derbyshire.
- Author(s)James McKay
- PublisherQuiller Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication28/07/2006
- SubjectInventions & Technology: General Interest
- Place of PublicationShrewsbury
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSwan Hill Press
- Content Noteb&w photographs throughout
- Weight490 g
- Width150 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.