All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInterior designer Howard Slatkin, founder of the iconic home-fragrance and lifestyle brand Slatkin & Co., is rewned for combining a keen appreciation of beauty with practical kw-how. Now, in this gorgeously illustrated book, he opens the doors of his legendary Fifth Avenue apartment and invites you to accompany him on an intimate tour. Along the way he shares his practical and often ingenious methods for creating uniquely personal rooms, shows you how to make them comfortable and functional as well as beautiful, and reveals his secrets to entertaining with ease and flair. Photographer Tria Giovan's exceptional photography reveals how Howard Slatkin's apartment and any home can achieve a level of sophisticated calm through careful lighting and floor planning, clever arrangement of furniture, and decorative display of personal collections of family photographs and objects. Drawing upon twenty-five years as a leading designer and tastemaker, Howard Slatkin shows how rooms should flow naturally, how to create an intimate feeling, and how to find imaginative solutions for turning awkward spaces and limitations into assets. In Howard Slatkin's hands, a simple length of rope is transformed into a decorative molding, a claustrophobic passageway becomes home to a collection of blue-and-white porcelains, a kitchen evolves into a room fit for a St. Petersburg palace, and a living room turns into an exotic aviary of multihued birds.
- Author Biography<b>Howard Slatkin </b>is an interior designer and the co-founder of Slatkin & Co. His interiors have appeared in <i>Architectural Digest</i>, <i>Town & Country</i>, and <i>House & Garden</i>. <b>Tria Giovan</b> s work has been published in <i>Aperture</i>, <i>Elle</i>, <i>Esquire</i>, <i>Harper s</i>, <i>Graphis</i>, <i>Travel & Leisure</i>, <i>Smithsonian</i>, <i>Vogue</i>, and many other publications.<b></b>
- Author(s)Howard S. Slatkin,Tria Giovan
- PublisherVendome Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication05/08/2013
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVendome Press,U.S.
- Content Note225 colour illustrations
- Weight2010 g
- Width264 mm
- Height310 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.