All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionWith over 45 years of experience in the ring, on the mat, and in the street, Loren W. Christensen understands the daily challenges martial artists face. In this book he has put together a collection of over 400 tips, drills, principles, concepts, and exercises to give you the edge, matter what style of martial art you practice. Discover quick and invative ways to improve your punching, kicking, sparring, and self-defense skills-plus dozens of tips to develop speed, power, and flexibility. If you are feeling stuck or bored in your martial arts routine, Loren's -nsense style will get you up and training with a fire you have t felt in years. Highlights include: *10 ways to improve your speed*5 ways to increase your power*10 ways to train for self-defense*10 ways to improve health and fitness*Dozens of tips for improving kicks, blocks, and hand strikes*Guidance on psychological preparation Fighter's Fact Book includes hundreds of training methods drawn from the author's vast experience, research, and interviews with top instructors from around the country. This is an essential reference for every martial arts student and instructor.
- Author BiographyLoren W. Christensen has been involved with martial arts since 1965. He has earned an 8th dan in American Free Style Karate, 2nd dan in Jujitsu, and 1st dan in Modern Arnis. Loren has authored over 50 books (a couple non-fiction), and has written popular articles for numerous martial arts magazines during the past 30 years. Loren was inducted into the 2001 Masters Hall of Fame for a Golden Lifetime Achievement Award. He is a retired Army MP and Portland Police Officer. Loren Christensen resides in Portland Oregon.
- Author(s)Loren W. Christensen
- PublisherYMAA Publication Center
- Date of Publication01/09/2016
- SubjectBoxing & Combat Sports
- Place of PublicationRolindale, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYMAA Publication Center
- Content Note89 black & white halftones
- Weight463 g
- Width154 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.