Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.12
About this product
- DescriptionFilm-induced tourism has the potential to revitalise flagging regional/rural communities and increase tourism to urban centres, however it carries with it its own unique problems. This publication explores such elements, delving into the disciplines of sociology and psychology, along with the fields of destination marketing, community development and strategic planning.
- Author BiographyDr. Sue Beeton is a Senior Lecturer in Tourism at La Trobe University, Australia. She has been studying film-induced tourism since 1998 and co-convened the first International Tourism and Media Conference in Australia in 2004. She is also Associate Editor of the Film/Literary Tourism division for the forthcoming Journal of Leisure, Lifestyle and Tourism Research. Sue's research has also included community development, marketing and ecotourism.
- Author(s)Sue Beeton
- PublisherChannel View Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication17/05/2005
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Series TitleAspects of Tourism
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 25
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintChannel View Publications
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight535 g
- Width160 mm
- Height243 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.