All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.75Trending at AU $27.54
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.27
- AU $25.33Trending at AU $28.27
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.57
- AU $12.37Trending at AU $13.00
- AU $48.45Trending at AU $49.18
- AU $11.33Trending at AU $13.39
About this product
- DescriptionThis title comes with 20 projects and more than 260 pictures. You can explore the murky and mysterious ocean depths, the sweeping tides and currents, icy Polar waters and warm, bright coral reefs with this fascinating fact file and learn-it-yourself book. You can discover the diversity of life in the sea - deadly sharks, dazzling fish and microscopic plankton. 20 amazing projects and experiments investigate the secrets of the sea - make waves in a tank, construct a rock-pool viewer, and build a sea-bird hide. Over 260 images include step-by-step photographs and explanatory illustrations. It is ideal for home or school use for 8- to 12-year-olds. More than 70 per cent of the Earth's surface is covered by water, forming a huge global sea. If you tasted the sea water, you would find that it was very salty, unlike the fresh water in rivers and lakes. The sea has many fascinating rhythms as its tides flow in and out, and it is teeming with life, from tiny single-celled creatures to gigantic whales. You can start discovering the wonders of the sea whenever you visit the coast - and by reading this exciting information and project book! Mix your own seawater and test its saltiness with a homemade hydrometer. You can create a replica of a submarine periscope, and use an ordinary glass to simulate how a diving bell works. Photographs and diagrams clearly explain the experiments and illustrate the scientific principles behind them, so young readers will want to dive straight in and find out all about the sea for themselves.
- Author BiographyRobin Kerrod was a highly regarded author of children's information books, writing widely on science, technology and the natural world.
- Author(s)Robin Kerrod
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication23/05/2013
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationLeicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintArmadillo Books
- Content Noteover 260 pictures
- Weight376 g
- Width200 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.