All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.00Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.64
About this product
- DescriptionWomen are twice as likely as men to become depressed. While they seek help for mental disorders more often than men, they also seek to help others, trying to keep everyone happy while taking care of parents, spouses, and children. Sometimes, doing it all is doing too much. In Finding Your Emotional Balance, Dr Merry Noel Miller offers women of all ages advice for coping with life's challenges while increasing its joys. Drawing on her three decades of experience as a psychiatrist specializing in women's mental health-as well as her own personal struggles with depression and grief-she explains the special vulnerabilities and strengths of women during adolescence, the childbearing years, mepause, and late in life. Dr Miller opens each chapter with stories about women who are dealing with issues related to their stage in life. She discusses common mental disorders in the context of life stages, exploring the symptoms of depression, anxiety, substance abuse, bipolar disorder, and unresolved grief. She also offers a variety of remedies, suggesting medical and nmedical approaches to finding emotional balance even in the most stressful times. Each chapter ends with a list of suggested readings and websites.
- Author BiographyMerry Noel Miller, MD, is a professor of psychiatry at Quillen College of Medicine, East Tennessee State University.
- Author(s)Merry Noel Miller
- PublisherJohns Hopkins University Press
- Date of Publication05/01/2016
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Series TitleA Johns Hopkins Press Health Book
- Place of PublicationBaltimore, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohns Hopkins University Press
- Content Note1, 1 black & white line drawings
- Weight363 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.