Save on Textbooks
- AU $39.95Trending at AU $54.46
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $18.90Trending at AU $23.12
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $55.99
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
About this product
- DescriptionFire Administration offers a balance of information to enable success as a company officer, battalion commander, deputy chief or chief executive officer. The career development model of the National Fire Academy, and the model curriculum of the Fire Emergency Service Higher Education (FESHE) group, industry leaders in fire service education and training, served as a basis for this important text. With experience in a variety of positions and associations, Chief Bruegman brings a real world focus as this book covers principles of leadership and management including support elements such as budget and personnel management, team building and managing change. Evaluations of personal leadership style and importance of the individual in helping to shape the fire service of the future make this a great training tool for leaders and administrators.
- Author BiographyRandy R. Bruegman is currently the Fire Chief for the city of Fresno, California, and is a noted author and lecturer on Leadership and Managing Change in the Fire Service. In addition to this text, Chief Bruegman is has authored two additional texts: Exceeding Customer Expectations, and the Chief Officer: A Symbol is a Promise both published by Pearson/Prentice Hall. Chief Bruegman has served on the Accreditation Task Force for the International Association of Fire Chiefs for eight years, six as Vice-Chairman. Chief Bruegman served as President of the IAFC (2002) and has served as the President of the Board of Directors of the Center for Public Safety Excellence since 2003. Chief Bruegman holds an Associate Degree in Fire Science, a Bachelor's Degree in Business, and a Master's Degree in Management. Dr. Lindsey is the Fire Chief for Estero Fire Rescue. Additionally, he serves as the education coordinator for 24-7 EMS, and an adjunct instructor for St Petersburg EMS program. He is an experienced leader, educator, lecturer, author, and consultant in emergency services. Dr. Lindsey earned his doctorate and master's degree in Curriculum and Instruction from USF. He holds a bachelor's degree in Fire and Safety Engineering from the University of Cincinnati, and an associate in paramedic from Harrisburg Area Community College. Dr. Lindsey has over twenty-eight years of diverse experience in the emergency services industry. He serves as an Advisory Council member for the National EMS Advisory Council and the State of Florida EMS, representative to the Fire and Emergency Services Higher Education EMS degree committee, and as a Vice-Chairman for the Florida Fire Chief Association EMS Section.
- Author(s)Jeffrey T. Ph.D Lindsey,Randy R. Bruegman
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication07/04/2008
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationUpper Saddle River
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrentice Hall
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1542 g
- Width206 mm
- Height257 mm
- Spine33 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.