All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
About this product
- DescriptionPeople who teach in higher education are subject matter specialists, but they often have little preparation in how to teach. This book presents the kwledge base of college teaching in a user-friendly, easy-to-read, yet well-researched format. From sample syllabi to the creation of an effective grading scale, this book covers critically important aspects of organizing and teaching your curriculum. Suggestions for preparing for the first day of the semester will make all semesters run more smoothly. Chapters about building positive student relationships, student incivility, and academic integrity provide insights about today's students, their backgrounds, and their expectations. Using techniques presented in the book for instructional management, instructors can have productive classes where students achieve success. If you teach traditional or online courses in a community college, private college, or large public university, this book needs to be on your reading list. The topics, strategies, and methods presented will t only help you to improve your courses, but will also help you to keep your job and obtain tenure. Reading this book is the equivalent of taking a course in how to teach in higher education.
- Author BiographyMary C. Clement is the director of the Center for Teaching Excellence at Berry College in northwest Georgia. She is also a professor of teacher education, teaching undergraduate and graduate courses in curriculum, methods, and instructional management.
- Author(s)Mary C. Clement
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication16/07/2010
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Education
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width155 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.