All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $16.66Trending at AU $30.84
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $32.98Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
About this product
- DescriptionThere are some phrases and words that are unfamiliar to those outside Florida Cracker Cowboy Country. In this book, Dr. Howard Jones, retired veterinarian, who practiced for 30 years in this area and author of The Green Jeep, seeks to explain some of these terms with the same dry humor common among these special people.
- Author BiographyHoward Selby Jones, Jr. was born in Henderson, Kentucky, and moved to south Florida during his teen years. He was introduced to the Cracker culture on the Williamson Ranch in Okeechobee, Florida. After two years at the University of Florida, he was accepted at Auburn University School of Veterinary Medicine where he gained his Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine. Following a stint in the Veterinary Corps in the United States Air Force and five years in a large/small animal partnership in Sebring, Florida, his teacher's heart brought him back to Auburn where he completed a two-year Dairy Medicine and Surgery Residency while earning his PhD in Ruminant Nutrition in the Department of Animals Sciences. After one year as the Dairy Extension Specialist for the Alabama Cooperative Extension Service, he returned to Sebring and purchased his former practice. And for twenty-four more years, he covered over a fifty mile practice radius which included Highlands, Polk, Hardee and Okeechobee Counties in the heart of his beloved Cracker cattle country. Now retired, Dr. Jones lives in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Western North Carolina with his wife of forty-five years.
- Author(s)Howard S Jones Jr
- PublisherPanther Gap Publishers
- Date of Publication01/11/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPanther Gap Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.